Roy and Christie are on staff at a local church in the USA serving in Family Ministries, and they have a strong calling to provide support for international missions.
They will serve our partners in two main areas:
- Support — helping our partners as they counsel people in difficult situations
- They will help our partners work through challenging ministry situations, offering advice on how best to counsel people they serve.
- Care/Mentoring — as relationships and trust are built, and as the Lord leads, they are available to help our partners work through personal situations
Pastor Roy and Christie Bauer came from very different backgrounds, with Roy being raised on a farm and Christie in a city, but the Lord had plans to bring them together for His purposes. They have been married and serving the Lord together for 25 years.
In January 2007, Roy became a part-time Associate Pastor at Victory Church in Middlefield, Connecticut. In October of 2017 his day-to-day life changed, when after 29 years of employment at Pratt and Whitney as an aviation engine mechanic, he retired and began full time ministry. Christie’s background includes being an elementary school teacher until the birth of their first son at which time she became a stay at home mom. For 23 years she directed a thriving children’s ministry. In 2013, she became a full time staff member at Victory Church as the Office Administrator.
Since 2009, Roy and Christie have been the Family Ministries Pastors which includes children, youth, young adults, singles, seniors, and families. In the last two years they have been assigned the honor of overseeing the operations, ministry advisors and ministry directors for every ministry (58 total) at Victory Church.
Roy and Christie have a passion for mission work. Together they have led group trips to Sincelejo, Colombia, St. Petersburg, Russia, and Minsk and Zhitkivichi, Belarus. They have also participated in trips to Cayo Mambi, Cuba with Christie being one of the Keynote speakers at a Women’s Leadership Conference and Roy traveling with a pastoral team to minister to village Pastors. Roy has taught the Book of Acts at the Baltic School of Ministry in Ozolnieki, Latvia, and participated in a trip with Michael Anticoli to Murmansk.
Roy and Christie have a passion to come alongside ministries to be a support, partner, and mentor if desired.
Their Mission is to stand beside leaders, and help them achieve the goals God has set for them.
Their Vision is that every leader discovers purpose and fulfillment in their God given mission.
Their Core Values include
1. Prayer – believing that everything begins and ends with prayer and thanksgiving. (Ezekiel 22:30; Luke 6:12; 11:1).
2. Discipleship – believing that discipleship is accomplished through in-depth training in the Word of God and the fostering of accountable relationships (Matthew 18:19,20).
3. Servant Leadership – believing that success is not measured by title, rank or position, but instead by modeling Jesus’ example. (Philippians 2:3,4).
4. Team Based Ministry- believing that EVERY person is needed to accomplish the tasks God has commissioned us to do. (1 Corinthians 12:14-25; Ephesians 4:16; Genesis 11:6; Nehemiah 4:6)
Roy and Christie’s hearts are first and foremost that names be added to the Lamb’s Book of Life, then for individuals to discover their full purpose so that they become fully committed followers of Christ who are effectively and boldly advancing the Kingdom of God.