We shall be a crown of glory in
the hand of the Lord, And a royal
diadem in the hand of our God.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ. We praise our Lord for His faithfulness and amazing work here in Kotor which we are excited to share with you.
Gifts and Tracts
During the Christmas season as a team we partnered with Samaritan purse in distributing shoe boxes among families. During the program we shared with the families about God and what our Savior Jesus Christ did for us. It was awesome and amazing in some families to see both children and the adults actively participate during the lessons.
And in partnership with Peace to Every Home for Christ we shared tracts reminding us of the reason for the season in Kotor and the neighboring cities of Budva, Tivat and Herceg Novi. Currently we are distributing a tract that explains about how God seeks for people individually.
To God be all the glory from the shoe box program some families were open to having children’s Bible lessons. Currently we are actively having lessons with 3 families. Through this some adults have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Also four children will be attending the Children’s Camp organized by Child Evangelism Fellowship. It doesn’t happen often that people gain trust in such a short time letting their children go with someone pretty new for their family. This is a miracle for our society.
In the Easter festive season we had a children’s bible lesson with one family. We asked the children if they knew what the season was about. With excitement they said coloring eggs. But as they listened to the explanations about the Love of God and what Jesus had to go through, they had a better understanding of why we celebrate Easter.
Help with School Work
Not only are we reaching out spiritually but also in other aspects. In one of the family we are helping out some of the children with their school work in Mathematics, English and Physics.
In this month of May we attended a marriage retreat organized by the church in Podgorica. One of our brothers Pedja from Kotor and his wife Daniela who is not yet born again joined us for a day. Later Pedja shared with us his excitement for attending the meeting and how it was his first time to attend a meeting that addresses marriage.
• Please pray for us to be good stewards of this assignment and to firmly stand on God who is the foundation and builder. And for us to discern God’s guidance and directions. And for all the brothers and sisters who we have fellowship with on Thursdays and Sundays.
• For all the families that we came in contact with during the shoe box program. All these families are struggling financially and some live in poor conditions. Our prayer is for them to know God as their helper and that they can look up to Him for help.
• For all the people we have come in contact with during the distribution of tracts. May God create a yearning and hunger in them to seek for Him individually.
• For Tanja one of the adults who gave her life to Christ that she may grow in her faith. One of her daughter Dora is unable to attend school due to epilepsy. The medicine is only available in Croatia. Tanja has to travel every month to Croatia to buy the medication.
• For Jacqueline the mother of the children we help with school work. She has problems with veins on both legs. Sometimes they burst and bleed. Due to the pain she does not sleep well.
We are grateful to God for partnering you with us at such a time as this for the advancement of His Kingdom in Montenegro. Thank you very much for your prayers, care, love and support for us. May God richly bless you.
Peace and Blessings!!!
Ruth and Srdjan Vorotović