Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
Our Heavenly Father is faithful and gracious. And we would like to share with you about His faithfulness here in Kotor.
Bratislav, a father of the children who attend the children’s Bible lessons, testified to us that at his workplace he had prayed the sinners prayer from one of the evangelical tracts that he received from us, and that he started to read the Bible.
In partnership with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF), we volunteered at both the children and teenage camps. Four children and eight teenagers from Kotor attended the camps. We thank God for the parents who entrusted us with their children.
My wife has been volunteering at both camps since 2015. For me, it was a new experience serving at both camps. The camps were fun. Everyday we had devotions, exercises, worship, lessons, quizzes, and games. I was able to build relationship with the children, teens, leaders, fellow volunteers and workers employed at the camp venues.
It was so amazing to see how the children were fully engaged in the worship with so much joy. Apart from biblical teachings and missionary stories, one of the topics that the children had was about famous Christian scientists who were inventors, and acknowledged God as the creator, and that man invents from what God created.
One day during our free time, I shared the Gospel with a teenager (Biljana) who was employed at the venue, and I gave here a Bible. Before the end of the camp, she gave her life to Jesus Christ.
Another amazing experience happened during the morning devotions that I had with the boys (Jakov, Tadej, Viktor, and Mladen), that were in the room. They were attentive, answered questions and prayed with maturity. I was encouraged with Mladen who is from a non-believing family, and the way he prayed. Mladen also gave his life to Christ.
The teenagers were taught the four spiritual laws that talk about God’s love, Sin, Jesus Christ, and personal decision. They were also taught about the battle for the soul. It was pointed out to them that as they transit to adulthood they are facing and will face battles about making right choices. During the devotion time I learned that teenagers are more open to speaking and sharing in smaller groups. In addition, they were to have a quiet time on their own by spreading out individually and not to speak to anyone. It was great to see that they could have time to listen to God.
We are grateful to God for the opportunity we were given by Child Evangelism Fellowship to go for training in Serbia. We were equipped on how to teach the children in a more interesting and engaging way. For example, using a fun way to memorize Bible verses. We were encouraged to emphasize on how God sees children, that they can be born again and to assure those who are born again of their salvation. This was very impactful and we have started applying this during children’s Bible lessons.
- As a home group, we are praying and trusting God for a place of worship.
- For Elvis, his immediate and extended family members to hunger and thirst for the Lord.
- For Bratislav, that he grows in the Lord and lead his family in the ways of the Lord, and to join other believers for fellowship.
- For Edita, who had an operation on one leg which is now recovering. After this, she will need surgery on the second leg.
- For Jacquelina, Bratislav’s wife. She has problems with veins on both legs and needs surgery. She is in and out of emergency due to the bursting and bleeding of the veins. the surgery can only be done privately but they are struggling financially and are on social welfare. Bratislav works as a security guard.
- And how to prepare and use well the opportunity of OM’s Ship Ministry (Logos Hope) during their visit to Montenegro.
Thank you very much for your prayers, care, love, and support for us.
May God be gracious to you and bless you and make His face shin upon you.
(Psalm 67:1 NIV)
Peace and Blessings,
Srdjan and Rut Vorotovic