Statement of Faith
1 – The scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God , without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of all humanity. (II Timothy 3:15; II Peter 1:21)
2 – There is one God, eternally existent in three persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3 – Jesus Christ was fully human and fully divine, as shown by
• His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23);
• His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26);
• His miracles (John 2:11);
• His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9);
• His physical resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4);
• His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19);
4 – In the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5 – In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6 – In the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Cor. 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7 – In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13, 14; I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)